It is the mission of Just Friends Adult Day Services to provide an engaging and safe place that enhances dignity, uniqueness, and independence for adults who are aging or differently abled.
It is the vision of Just Friends Adult Day Services to be one of southeast Indiana’s leading resources and provider of home and community based services for aging adults with disabilities and special needs, their families, and their communities. To accomplish this, we will:
- Be dedicated to our mission and values, which guide the decisions and actions of staff, volunteers, and supporters.
- Offer innovative services, to provide the finest support available.
- Influence public opinion and attitudes towards people who are aging and with disabilities, enabling them to live, work, and play as fully integrated, independent members of their communities.
- Provide committed, highly effective, and totally supportive staff and volunteers who make the greatest impact possible.
- Be recognized as a leader in effective, efficient use of resources, and as one of our community’s best investments for contributed dollars.
These values guide our actions:
Fun – We energize the group and make the day enjoyable by exhibiting customer focused behaviors and delivering customer focused programming and care.
Respect – We show participants, staff and volunteers consideration and appreciation. We respect everyone and treat all with dignity and equality. Exhibiting respect entails showing that we value the uniqueness and dignity of each individual, and appreciate the strength of diversity and inclusion.
Independence – We foster self-reliance in the participants and staff while providing support and encouragement.
Enrichment –We use knowledge and experience to make life more meaningful and rewarding for the participants, while helping the co-workers perform better as a team to deliver a quality program in a customer focused manner.
Nurture – We care for and sustain each participant at his/her present point of need as we support each participant’s right to live, work and play in the community. True nurturing comes through offering choices through support, awareness and opportunities.
Dignity – We acknowledge each client’s inherent nobility and worth, even while assisting with activities of daily living and conduct ourselves ethically and with a commitment to personal integrity.
Stimulate – We invigorate Rouse to activity — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.