At Just Friends we see first-hand how day service programs benefits both caregiver and their loved ones. Below are some testimonials from participants and families that have been touched by Just Friends' care.
- Just Friends
Let me tell you about my home away from home.
It’s what I call my refuge from the world.
Where I never feel alone.
I can always come in there and hang my hat.
Even when I don’t want to come up to bat.
The people there are full of love
I feel the presence of many white doves.
Even if I need a good place to take a nap,
I can always feel God’s presence with a little tap.
If ever there was a cure for loneliness,
It would be this place,
Just Friends. The friendliest.
» Poem written by Just Friends participant
- One morning I came in, and wasn’t feeling good. And the nurse just took care of me. She stayed with me.
- It was unsafe for her to be alone. Just Friends provides security.
- I don’t feel like I am failing Dad by bringing him to Just Friends. The time away from him is a great rejuvenator for both of us. We enjoy the evenings and weekends more now than we did before.
» Long-term Caregiver, participant needed memory care
- I know a lot of communities don’t offer this. We are fortunate to have this in our community.
- It gave me the time to get the household things done, the laundry, the grocery shopping, cleaning the house. It gave me a break that I could have a little time with him not being here. There were times it was pretty stressful, Alzheimer’s is not an easy disease to live with.
- Mom receives medical care from her physician, but only Just Friends has that special something that provides the comforts of home and heals both the soul and the spirit!”
» Caregiver, participant recuperating from stroke