Just Friends provides an engaging and safe place that enhances dignity, uniqueness, and independence for adults who are aging with challenges and provides balance for the life of the caregiver.
It is the vision of Just Friends Adult Day Services to be one of southeast Indiana’s leading resources and provider of home and community based services for aging adults with disabilities and special needs, their families, and their communities. To accomplish this, we will:
- Be dedicated to our mission and values, which guide the decisions and actions of staff, volunteers, and supporters.
- Offer innovative services, to provide the finest support available.
- Influence public opinion and attitudes towards people who are aging and with disabilities, enabling them to live, work, and play as fully integrated, independent members of their communities.
- Provide committed, highly effective, and totally supportive staff and volunteers who make the greatest impact possible.
- Be recognized as a leader in effective, efficient use of resources, and as one of our community’s best investments for contributed dollars.
Just Friends believes all people have intrinsic value and deserve dignity, respect, and independence. We recognize the disability rights movement is interconnected with racial, economic, gender, and other equity movements. We know many systems of power grant privilege and access unequally and strive to stop those systems while celebrating differences. We believe equity is crucial to achieve our vision of enriched quality of life while aging.
These values guide our actions: